Sunday, January 28, 2018

Week 3 Forum

Topic 1
I believe that the aspect of 'seek the truth and report it' is the most important aspect of the SPJ Code of Ethics because it emphasizes what it means to be a journalist.  I believe that journalists are the most effective mode of transportation in getting information out to the public and they have a duty to seek what people deserve to know about.  I think that as a worker of society, the information that pertains to citizens, their country, and the world we all share should be made public in a manner of truth and effectiveness.

Topic 2
I will be attending the Sudanese Wedding Ceremony at LBCC in the Diversity Achievement Center to see how the turn out will be and the organization behind the cultural group who will be sharing food, activities and culture from Sudan. I want to get the names of the people in charge of the event, the LBCC Liaison and students who attended.  Questions I will be asking include:  What made you attend this event/set it up for students, Would you want other events such as this?why?  Can we expect more events coming up with other cultures and countries?  How can students get involved in the organization process?  How do groups get in contact with LBCC to put on events such as this?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 5 Forum

Topic 1 I believe that my best story so far has been the report on the new Philosophy Club at LBCC.  I was the most prepared with questions...