Sunday, November 5, 2017

Week 6 Forum

Hometown Photos:
I have the idea shooting for Corvallis as my hometown.  However, I also have ideas for shooting Portland.  I've been going up to Portland quite frequently since I was little.  Weekend Soccer tournaments, Saturday Markets, last minute vacations and many other events have connected me with the city.  For my Portrait, I hope to get a shot of a coffee shop or diner type barista/waitress.  Usually among the vegan bistros, there is a plethora of young tattoo'd, dyed haired, hipsters that scream stereotypical Portland.  I also want to try and get a portrait of a Food Truck owner maybe.  It has a large culture around the downtown area and carries a lot of history for the city.  As for a Landmark, I was thinking about a shot of the infamous Powell's sign.  It will be a challenge for me to try and incorporate people in this photo that are slightly more prominent than the passerby down under because I would have to be a bit far in order to get the whole sign in frame.  Lastly, my news feature would be of park walkers near the river front.  There is usually a large amount of people spending time there which will give me lots of opportunities to get a good photo.

Photo Story Ideas:
My first story idea, I have already set in motion.  I have decided to document the set up of the Pastega Light Displays- historically known by locals as "The Pepsi Lights."  I have gotten in touch with the head organizer, Kathleen Hutchinson about getting access to volunteer events for the set ups of the displays.  The process ranges from November 3rd- the first volunteer meeting, where families are assigned a display to refurbish- until November 24th- the opening night for the light display hosted at the Benton County Fairgrounds.  I plan on attending sessions and photographing the process from the organizing, the preparation, the set up, and finally opening night, where the public will be allowed to in for viewing.

If for some reason, my idea doesn't work out, I also have the idea of shooting a behind the scenes story of the owner of Benny's Doughnuts.  The owner, a corvallis local, just recently opened up an independent business.  I would like to see how he is handling his new role as an entrepreneur and how the business has progressed since opening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 5 Forum

Topic 1 I believe that my best story so far has been the report on the new Philosophy Club at LBCC.  I was the most prepared with questions...