Friday, September 29, 2017

Week 1 Forum


My name is Casey and I am in my first year as a Journalism major.  I took a photojournalism class because I wanted to understand the photography side of journalism to help assist in my writing.  The last time I held a camera was in Photography 101 my freshman year of High School.

My goals in this class is to get more agile with my camera skills.  I want to be able to know how to take a photo that will turn out well almost every time regarding light, blurriness and saturation.  I also want to learn about what kinds of photos draw people in.  What content will do well in the public and what will not.  I intend to become more open about taking photos in public because at this time, for me, it is very uncomfortable to get into people's faces with a camera which contradicts my want to have people seeing my art.

I plan on going to many more events on campus to try and get action photos of students participating in other activities.  I would like to check out the Hot Shot cafe and get some shots of performers and workers.  I also would like to attend some sporting events and try to get pictures of athletes in motion.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 5 Forum

Topic 1 I believe that my best story so far has been the report on the new Philosophy Club at LBCC.  I was the most prepared with questions...